< /br>< /br>< /br>

Shadow focus dotting macro

Shadow focus dotting macro

Postby Bettemidler » 28 Feb 2011, 18:24

/castsequence [mod:alt, @focus, exists, nodead, harm] vampiric touch; [@focus, exists, nodead, harm] vampiric touch, shadow word: pain; vampiric touch

Casts VT and SWP on your focus target (valiona & theralion, nefarian/onyxia, etc) without changing targets. As VT duration is shorter than SWP, and MF to refresh SWP requires you to be facing your focus target, alt modifier allows you to cast VT twice without throwing off the castsequence. If your focus is dead or doesn't exist, simply casts VT on your current target (as you likely will be refreshing VT on each of your targets at the same time. Also, it's right next to my VT button, and I have fat fingers.)

It might feel clunky to others, but it works for me. Does anyone else have any ideas about how to keep your focus target dotted with one button?

Also the one below is just for fun =)

Use the following at your own risk. I take no responsibility for possible healer rage, raid kicks and guild demotions.

/y MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/G MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/1 MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/say MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/RA MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/P MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!

For added lols add a /w line for every healer in your raid. Bonus points if they are online but not currently in the raid. For example:

/w Kissey MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/w Maleny MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!
/w Trelis MY PET NEEDS HEALING!!!

And so on and so forth. Note: A similar effect can be achieved by replacing "MY PET NEEDS HEALING" with "HAND OF SALVATION PLS!!!" and replacing each /w [healer] line with /w [paladin] for every paladin in the raid.

To demonstrate the urgency of your need for pet healing, be sure to spam this macro at least 2-3 times or until your pet has been healed/a healer has acknowledged your needs on vent. If at any point a healer questions the necessity of your shadowfiend being healed, be sure to point out that a dead shadowfiend does no dps and call their commitment to the raid into question.
Bettemidler

Re: Shadow focus dotting macro

Postby Veiled » 28 Feb 2011, 21:49

LOL ^ Too funny
___~For Romaxton~
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Arlee » 01 Mar 2011, 07:16

That is pretty fantastic :)
Arlee
Donor

Postby Nephelee » 03 Mar 2011, 11:35

Trelis? I use to know a shaman named Trelis on Proudmoore.

I might try that macro you posted on our heroic attempts tonight. Last night I was just using a /focus and /target focus macro to keep dots on both dragons. Your way seems like it might be much easier though
Nephelee

Postby Bettemidler » 08 Mar 2011, 18:13

Hah, yeah Trelis is one of our healers here in SM on proudmoore.

I simplified the macro a bit. Remembering where in the castsequence I was started getting annoying:

/castsequence [mod:alt, @focus, exists, nodead, harm] shadow word: pain; [@focus, exists, nodead, harm] vampiric touch; vampiric touch

This allows you to simply use the alt modifier to cast either VT or SWP on your focus target.
Bettemidler

Return to General Chat Archive