< /br>< /br>< /br>

Sha of Fear ToES

Sha of Fear ToES

Postby Kelaso » 26 Dec 2012, 18:24

Hi all, my guild has reached Sha of fear and we spent a few hours on him last night. It seems like an overall simple fight but that burst is very valuable since adds need to die fast and killing the boss on the platform seems to be the main mechanic to deal with. We struggled to get the platform boss down in time and my raid leader was asking if Power Infusion is worth it for this fight (which I dont think it is since its such a dps loss over the other 2 talents), but what else can I do to burst more? I am already considering taking MB over FDCI but I told my raid leader that shadow doesnt really have a dps cd which surprised him a lot.

TLDR: How to kill platform boss asap
Kelaso

Re: Sha of Fear ToES

Postby Nixx » 26 Dec 2012, 19:04

I don't think we save CDs or do anything special to kill the platform bosses. Just do good DPS and collect all of the orbs. You can LOS the Death Blossom.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Postby Kelaso » 26 Dec 2012, 20:32

Thats what I have been seeing from most shadow people talking about this boss but our group is constantly wiping on the platforms since we arent getting them down fast enough. We dont seem to be missing the bubbles (I think we missed 1 occasionally but we are coming up around 20% short on bosses hp), I think my raid leader wants me to try PI since we are having our issues there and I want to know if other people have had issues
Kelaso

Postby Rubine » 26 Dec 2012, 23:13

I haven't encountered any issues ever, with the exception of when people fail at getting orbs.

That being said, I think Mindbender is a better choice as it's a decent DPS CD, and you don't lose anything by moving around getting orbs (like you would with PI since you need to be able to stand still and cast uninterrupted to get the absolute most out of it).
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby natepm05 » 27 Dec 2012, 00:23

If dps is an issue your group might need to farm more gear
natepm05

Postby Valiane » 27 Dec 2012, 03:06

Are we talking 10 or 25 man?
Valiane

Postby Nixx » 27 Dec 2012, 05:22

Kelaso wrote:Thats what I have been seeing from most shadow people talking about this boss but our group is constantly wiping on the platforms since we arent getting them down fast enough. We dont seem to be missing the bubbles (I think we missed 1 occasionally but we are coming up around 20% short on bosses hp), I think my raid leader wants me to try PI since we are having our issues there and I want to know if other people have had issues

My only concern with PI if I were to try and save burst for the platform is that it's going to be inconsistently up. Sometimes you get grabbed back to back or not at all. Burst is best when you can plan to use it reliably. You may do good damage on the first, but if you get grabbed for the second, you'll do jack shit.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Postby Hygeia » 27 Dec 2012, 10:04

The two single biggest dps improvements you can do are to learn to do the pie dance properly (download Sha of Fear assist addon) and to tell your tanks and healers its their job to pick up orbs. We lose way too much dps picking them up. Don't bother unless its a global away (<10 yards) or if you're moving near it moving between safe pie zones. Healers and tanks are much better suited for this. Or optionally more mobile dps classes like hunters or locks burning a soul shard for whatever the fuck that thing is called to allow cast while moving.

If you have logs to post I can look at them but I'm sure the single biggest issue is you're not dancing properly and thus stunned way too much.
Hygeia

Postby Hygeia » 27 Dec 2012, 10:55

I just creeped your logs on world of logs and your dps are definitely getting feared way, way too much.

*** DISCLAIMER ***

World of Logs and recount are inaccurate on Sha because you're out of range of logging on the platforms. Data can be extrapolated though. ***

Here's a link to everyone who got feared by Dreadspray (it's the non damaging debuff):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4 ... boss=60999

Now the logs won't show fears unless the logger was on that platform but extrapolating from your 17 attempts, almost all of which were sub two minutes (1 platform), people need to learn the pie dance.

For comparative reference, here is last weeks sloppy 5 wipe then kill for our guild:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/skti ... boss=60999

Over those 6 wipes our highest was a healer at 18. Over your 17 your highest is 40+. Serious room for improvement for everyone except your rogue, hunter and you.

Sha of Fear assist trivializes the platform if you understand the mechanics of Dread Spray. Stand in green pie, do stuff for 8 seconds, move to green pie when it changed and then back and forth every 8 seconds.
Hygeia

Postby stevierg » 27 Dec 2012, 13:29

Getting feared on normal is not an issue. It's nice to avoid it, but not a big deal.

Also leaving tanks and healers alone to get the orbs on the add platform is not that great, it's easy for spriests to get orbs and not lose much damage.

Our group has a natural spread on the add platform, so each person only has to get a couple orbs through the fight. If you have glyph of mind flay you should have no hassle moving much and just spam sw:pain as you run.

Mindbender is an ok choice for this fight, but is ok for most too. FDCL I think is a better choice on this fight since you can spike as you run. DI is probably a better choice too. You could possibly concider ToF since you burn adds on the boss platform too, but honestly I don't think the uptime will be high enough to outweigh DI.

The biggest thing though is DON'T let orbs through. One orb might be ok, but two or more and you risk not getting back in time.

Also DI is next to useless overall for spriests, very, very few fights benefit from it. For myself I only use DI on Heroic Wind Lord since I'm a dispel bitch for the fight and get to use DI twice or three times on the boss before he's dead.

Since logs are messed up on this fight, the easiest way to tell if you are on target is if you are able to get back to the boss platform before the next set of people go with around 5 seconds to spare. If you are, then that's great!

Also remember to double dot the boss and the adds.

I will say though that the Sha fight on normal is easier than any of the other terrace fights, so I'm surprised it's taking so long to down it. Its pretty disapointing how boring the fight is compared to the rest of the tier. Hopefully heroic will be more interesting, but we are a few weeks off from there at best.
stevierg

Return to Shadow Archive