HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.
 

@twintop

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

by Drye » 24 Jan 2013, 17:42

http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4

I found you something to have fun with =D
Hit me up on twitter @DryeH2P
User avatar
Drye
Moderator
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 12:36

by Woaden » 24 Jan 2013, 17:49

User avatar
Woaden
Moderator
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: 22 May 2012, 07:46
Location: Probably Sleeping

by Twintop » 24 Jan 2013, 19:43

Ooooooh snap. Good thing the wife is out of town this weekend. :-D
User avatar
Twintop
Assistant Administrator
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 12:50
Location: Feeding Blowtorch

by Drye » 25 Jan 2013, 01:05

Twintop wrote:Ooooooh snap. Good thing the wife is out of town this weekend. :-D


Thought you might like my present. I'm just happy the ilvl for heroic gear is 541. Which means I can keep going from largest dps gain to smallest with vp. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade bad off pieces that would be used in a 5.2 bis
Hit me up on twitter @DryeH2P
User avatar
Drye
Moderator
 
Posts: 2170
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 12:36

by Kaesebrezen » 25 Jan 2013, 02:43

All that gear is just upscaled T14 gear for now. Same stats - just higher itemlvl.
User avatar
Kaesebrezen
Senior Member
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 03 Jul 2011, 10:15

by Twintop » 25 Jan 2013, 08:29

Drye wrote:
Twintop wrote:Ooooooh snap. Good thing the wife is out of town this weekend. :-D


Thought you might like my present. I'm just happy the ilvl for heroic gear is 541. Which means I can keep going from largest dps gain to smallest with vp. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade bad off pieces that would be used in a 5.2 bis


FYI, though, that 541 is for Heroic Thunderforged items. 'Normal' Heroic gear is 535.

Kaesebrezen wrote:All that gear is just upscaled T14 gear for now. Same stats - just higher itemlvl.


Good eye on that...this is probably put in place to hit the low and high ends as placeholders. :|
User avatar
Twintop
Assistant Administrator
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 12:50
Location: Feeding Blowtorch

by Woaden » 25 Jan 2013, 08:46

Are you going to be calculating with Hit / Spirt's value = Worst secondary stat? I think that might be helpful.
User avatar
Woaden
Moderator
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: 22 May 2012, 07:46
Location: Probably Sleeping

by Twintop » 25 Jan 2013, 09:13

Woaden wrote:Are you going to be calculating with Hit / Spirt's value = Worst secondary stat? I think that might be helpful.


The plan right now is for my BiS using the value of the average of the bottom 2 secondary stats (like now) so Hit/Spirit is #3 out of 4 always.
User avatar
Twintop
Assistant Administrator
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 12:50
Location: Feeding Blowtorch

by Woaden » 25 Jan 2013, 10:06

That sounds alright.

I was thinking (as has been pointed out) we're likely to be reforging out of Hit / Spirit on nearly every piece it's on making it 'in reality' our least desirable stat.

However it's probable that secondary stats will be so close that it won't matter.
User avatar
Woaden
Moderator
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: 22 May 2012, 07:46
Location: Probably Sleeping

by Twintop » 25 Jan 2013, 10:40

Woaden wrote:That sounds alright.

I was thinking (as has been pointed out) we're likely to be reforging out of Hit / Spirit on nearly every piece it's on making it 'in reality' our least desirable stat.

However it's probable that secondary stats will be so close that it won't matter.


What seems to have been determined by community consensus is that Hit/Spirit is worth whatever the second-best secondary stat is because you can just reforge it away to that. I like having it be above the third secondary stat but below the second to get equal-ilvl items ranked 'right' in the list to keep people from always selecting the hit/spirit piece over the {insert second secondary stat here} piece.

We won't have a good idea until gear starts getting added to the PTR (more than what's there right now, that is). We could end up with Firelands 2.0 in respect to gear and have a lot of pieces missing Hit or Spirit options.
User avatar
Twintop
Assistant Administrator
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 12:50
Location: Feeding Blowtorch

Next

Return to General Shadow Discussion