Hygeia wrote:(which really isn't worth it and never was, there was a thread on it way back when)
100% without drawback is not worth ? You won't miss any procS...
There are significant drawbacks and these were debated in a previous Malkorok thread somewhere, including (but not limited to):
- The ability to pull properly
- Your healers' abilities to keep you at a full shield if you have to soak (or the ability to never have to soak)
- Not 100% uptime (closer to 90) if you can't push to 35% before the first "stack and soak" phase. Or requires a monk tank so you don't have to stack but even then you'll push yourself over 35%.
- Putting your weapon/Jade Spirit on ICD (Helm + Cloak + Trinkets + nothing else = 32% health). I'm sure there are other combos but you can't keep Helm + Cloak + Weapon + Gloves (if engineer) on or you'll be around 40%.
- The possibility of healing yourself from less than 32% to over 35% just from passive heals because it is not 0 healing during the encounter (probably because of rounding). Some abilities, like Renew, Healer Legendary cloak proc and Devouring Plague self heal all heal for 1.
- Not required in any way at all to meet the enrage timer (even on world first/week 1 progression)
- Regular uptime on ToF on this encounter not using this method generally being somewhere between 45% and 60%
So in a strict risk-vs-reward scenario, those significant drawbacks are more than enough to steer people away from using it as a common strategy. In any event, if you want to argue the viability of this as a strategy go find the old Malkorok thread and discuss it there.
All I'm saying is that Malkorok is not "one of our best" fights this tier because if "one of our best" means using a risky strategy to try and cheese ToF uptime solely for ranking purposes, that's a poor measurement of "encounters spriests perform well at". If he wants to argue that it's his favorite because it has a high skillcap for playing well, that's one thing. But across the board and generically it's just above IJ for us in terms of where we should rank with other class, i.e., at the bottom because it's largely single target + orb sniping with some ToF from adds.