< /br>< /br>< /br>

MoP Changes

A place for complaints or bitching, both game related and off-topic.

MoP Changes

Postby Kalitas » 26 Sep 2012, 17:38

I've been playing a priest since I started in BC. I first played as disc but later changed to shadow and have been ever since. Maybe I just don't know my way around my priest right now but there are a few changes that I don't really care for and I'm here to ask your opinion on them.

1. I notice that my SW:P doesn't refresh with MF anymore. Gae. Maybe I don't have the right glyph or something.

2. Major Glyphs suck. Nothing looks like it would help me in PvE raiding.

3. VE now only lasts like 15 seconds? WTF?
Kalitas

Re: MoP Changes

Postby Veiled » 27 Sep 2012, 10:13

Kalitas wrote:I've been playing a priest since I started in BC. I first played as disc but later changed to shadow and have been ever since. Maybe I just don't know my way around my priest right now but there are a few changes that I don't really care for and I'm here to ask your opinion on them.

1. I notice that my SW:P doesn't refresh with MF anymore. Gae. Maybe I don't have the right glyph or something.

2. Major Glyphs suck. Nothing looks like it would help me in PvE raiding.

3. VE now only lasts like 15 seconds? WTF?

1) SWP has to be manually refreshed.
2) Glyphs are more for utility/looks rather than static DPS increases now (the way it should be).
3) Correct. It's reasonable, imo.
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Marathal » 27 Sep 2012, 12:04

Kalitas wrote:3. VE now only lasts like 15 seconds? WTF?

If memory serves me right, glyphed will give you 100% of single target damage as heals. Normal is 50%

Is is very good for situations where a big burst of healing is needed.
Marathal

Postby Criterus » 28 Sep 2012, 05:00

I didn’t like the initial model they were selling before the release, but now that I'm playing it I enjoy it more.

Removing head/shoulder enchants was nice. Also letting me choose utility things over being required to follow a cookie cutter spec for DPS output makes it more interesting. I never gave much thought to my spec I just went to EJ or Shadowpriest.com to find what spec I was supposed to have.

I also came into the expansion wanting to dislike it and so far I'm enjoying the questing experience. I'm not going after raid progression stuff so I'm not just blasting through the content.

The cast rotation does take some getting used to, but I think once you spend some more time with it you'll get used to it, and it will become the norm.
Criterus

Postby Blackmorgrim » 28 Sep 2012, 08:33

Well shoulder enchants are still there.

Otherwise, if you played this game before Wrath, this really shouldn't be a huge change with our dots... its more like reverting to the old ways.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Brontnos » 28 Sep 2012, 11:04

Well I didn't start playing until WoLK so these changes feel bizarre. My DPS output is way down and I keep feeling like I am playing my low level Warlock alt...Shadow Orbs now = Soul Shards sorta?

I guess in a way the rotation is simpler, but I'm having a hard time getting used to it. I feel bad for the dungeon finder folks that are stuck with me until I figure these changes out. lol!
Brontnos

Postby Criterus » 28 Sep 2012, 18:39

Well shoulder enchants are still there.

What!? Apparently I skimmed that wrong. At least I don’t have to grind rep to get it.

I keep feeling like I am playing my low level Warlock alt...Shadow Orbs now = Soul Shards sorta?

I agree there. It was a pretty blatant rip off of the shards.
Criterus

Postby Woaden » 29 Sep 2012, 00:05

Criterus wrote:What!? Apparently I skimmed that wrong. At least I don’t have to grind rep to get it.

They are now made by Scribes.
Woaden

Postby Criterus » 29 Sep 2012, 01:11

Woaden wrote:
Criterus wrote:What!? Apparently I skimmed that wrong. At least I don’t have to grind rep to get it.

They are now made by Scribes.

Which is how it should have been to begin w/ when they introduced inscription imo.
Criterus

Postby Woaden » 29 Sep 2012, 01:17

Criterus wrote:Which is how it should have been to begin w/ when they introduced inscription imo.

Well now that Glyphs are permanent they needed a consumable. However I think when the decision was made to have JP and VP be Faction Rep based and tied to all the factions they didn't want to have yet another just for Shoulders. They also eliminated Head enchants for similar reasons imo.
Woaden

Return to Bitch & Complain