< /br>< /br>< /br>

Level 100 Talents

Level 100 Talents

Postby Zych » 14 Nov 2013, 07:05

Surprised a thread hasn't cropped up about this yet so here we go. I am posting this in bitch & complain since I am extremely underwhelmed.

Level 100 talents: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator-wod#U

Divine Clarity (Clarity of Power) - T13 4pc is back! Will I ever use it though? Seems unlikely in a raiding situation.

Power of the Void (Void Entropy) - This seems kinda cool, except we already have this spell, it's called Devouring Plague.

Spiritual Guidance (Auspicious Spirits) - This one at least looks good...so good in fact, that it should last maybe one day on the PTR before it is nerfed to oblivion.

I know, I know, it's a bit early to be bitching, but these talents are very boring & disappointing to me. Honestly they look like a bunch of leftover ideas for set bonuses that they just slapped in there.

All I want for XMas is 1 WoW Dev totally devoted to Shadow, who will push new & exciting ideas & dump boring lame shit like this straight into the trash.
Zych

Re: Level 100 Talents

Postby Liirin » 14 Nov 2013, 07:46

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5055

In the Blizzcon section
Liirin
Donor

Postby Zych » 14 Nov 2013, 08:28

Thanks for the link, never even noticed that forum.

I'm going to leave this up tho since everyone in that thread seems happy I won't spread my negativity in there.
Zych

Postby Charuo » 14 Nov 2013, 10:04

Are you crazy? These talents are not bad, they are awesome.

Divine Clarity (Clarity of Power) - Allowing our mastery to affect non-dot spells is huge on its own. Plus, this is our burst for short lived targets in raids, which apart from 4pT13 has always been a weakness.

Power of the Void (Void Entropy) - This is not DP at all. Nobody is going to use a 60 second dot in pvp. So this is the knob they can tune to bring our single target boss dps up to par without breaking us in pvp.

Spiritual Guidance (Auspicious Spirits) - This does look too good, but it will all depend on the proc rate of SA. We get a lot of procs right now thanks to inflated secondary stats at the end of the expansion. It will be different in WoD. This is an easy talent to tune as well... if it procs too much, reduce it from 100% to 80% (or whatever is balanced).
Charuo
MVP

Postby Drye » 14 Nov 2013, 10:26

Charuo wrote:Are you crazy? These talents are not bad, they are awesome.

^ These talents are really good, I don't see why you would be upset about them at all.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby Hogarella » 14 Nov 2013, 15:57

Charuo wrote:So this is the knob they can tune to bring our single target boss dps up to par without breaking us in pvp.

Ooh, I hadn't considered that angle, good spot.
Hogarella

Postby Zych » 15 Nov 2013, 07:53

I guess my main problem is that I don't see choosing anything over a talent that is going to give me more orbs.

Clarity of Power should be baked into the spec. Yes, mastery procs on DD spells will be nice, but when I look at this 'talent' I don't think wow, that's great, I think it's about damn time.

My brain glossed over the 60 second thing on Void Entropy, so you're right, it's not DP...it's Doom... I just don't like the idea of long duration dots to begin with, let alone one that's going to cost me 3 orbs to cast (assuming we wouldn't bother with anything less). And if all casters are getting Pandemic that makes it even worse.

My problem is I look at what other classes are getting and get all excited, then look at my own and go...sigh. Everyone else gets all these cool new spells, then they get around to shadow and it seems like they are out of ideas.

When they rolled out level 90 talents I was so psyched, thinking wow they really love us look at these awesome new aoes we needed so badly. Now the only positive thing people can say about these level 100 ones is that they will give Blizz the ability to properly tune us? I want a damn angel of death that rises off the ground and rains shadow lightning on all my enemies, not some lame passive talent that gives me more orbs.
Zych

Postby Elvenbane » 15 Nov 2013, 10:37

Zych wrote:I want a damn angel of death that rises off the ground and rains shadow lightning on all my enemies...

+1
Elvenbane
Donor

Postby ApolloNik » 15 Nov 2013, 10:47

Elvenbane wrote:
Zych wrote:I want a damn angel of death that rises off the ground and rains shadow lightning on all my enemies...

+1

Me too. DK's are getting some Lich King abilities! How about we get some Val'kyr badassness?
ApolloNik
Battletag: ApolloNik#1815
Sons of Cronus - Kilrogg - Raid Leader [11/14 H SoO]

Armory | Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
ApolloNik

Postby Drye » 15 Nov 2013, 13:20

Zych wrote:I guess my main problem is that I don't see choosing anything over a talent that is going to give me more orbs.

Why do you ever choose Tof over DI then?
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Return to General Chat Archive