< /br>< /br>< /br>

562 Shadow Priest - Gear Check :)

562 Shadow Priest - Gear Check :)

Postby Agrajagei » 21 Oct 2013, 00:22

Trying hard to get better DPS for Heroics and to beat those Locks, Mages and Hunters on my team. I seem to come up 4th a lot. :) Would very much appreciate any help. Just got my 4 set tonight and the BOA staff. As far as trinkets I have been using Reg UVLS and since switching to BBOY my dps has lowered a bit. With all the reforge drama lately Im really confused on which way to go. Thanks much for any and all help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... jag/simple

WOL is US Echo Isles, Guild: Milk (piu's Milk)
Agrajagei

Re: 562 Shadow Priest - Gear Check :)

Postby Sheitan » 21 Oct 2013, 15:30

Losing to Mages and Locks is especially common. Sadly, if skill is equal among you, it's not likely to stop happening right now. However, it's always good to do as much as you possibly can.

A lot of people, in my opinion, underestimate the value of the UVLS even in this tier. However, I do think that normal mode+ versions of SoO trinkets are better, and even the LFR version of BBoY should have an edge over a 530 UVLS if used properly and 2pc t15 is no longer equipped. If you're having trouble with the BBoY, how exactly are you using it? Are you starting to refresh your dots when it has 7-8+ stacks? You will want to track the stacks of the proc and make sure that you're refreshing dots when the stacks are pretty high. If you do that, it's a great trinket.

Here's a WeakAura I used to help track my BBoY stacks. If the display doesn't work well for you, change it:
Code: Select all
dyYxbaGEjrVgf1CrHzlXTvHDIs7f2nsdtf9BkgkkYWjHJrQwOazPsslxvpuG6Pklts45iMkHjJktNQlkGll66OQ2SG2oj5RKOptPVtsnAs5Kc5XQ0PL68OkhMO)kuttsn0HaRXIOE(HYBYi6AOegnvvCjTjLt(8IjTTlMqfg15JrWE9tSdmomoiWcnuFDLjyROgJ4YlZeMmn1XcoaRiqvSpTTHk4PiX6RHI5FBT5dbgvEKeiaRoMYx6AWHJr5Fi(2AZNawDSMdt5lDnm1nNRb26tmTSTAoyRpXkgjhey8jz8Tijeee2Bkjeyh8lEdbC4y3IKqGaJ0uBjXyQAuGjGdhoMecmLV01WIOE(HYBYi6AOegnvvCjTjLt(8IjTTlMqfg15dhtfy1R1pHda

Your gear looks pretty well setup. 14,873 haste and balanced crit/mastery is a solid gearing principle. You're optimizing your stats by using expertise gems when possible. It seems to me that your stats could be slightly more precise. You're 36 haste over the breakpoint and 0.04% over hit cap. It's not a huge deal, but it could likely be fixed by AMR.

Are there any fights you're having particular difficulty on? If you'd like some analysis on a fight or two, link a specific log to it, and I'll see what's cooking.
Sheitan

Re: 562 Shadow Priest - Gear Check :)

Postby ShadowSub » 29 Oct 2013, 07:17

Have you thought about trying to get to the final haste breakpoint (18,200) before going for a Mastery = Crit build? Of course going for that much haste would significantly lower both Mastery and Crit but with the value of Haste being so high I think its probably worth it. I haven't added up the numbers on your gear so I don't know if you could get there with gemming or not, I'm sure you have...lol. Anyway, just my 2 cents, hope it helps. :)
ShadowSub

Return to Everything Else Archive