< /br>< /br>< /br>

H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

Postby Veiled » 27 Aug 2012, 22:31

http://shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33789

To quote myself:

Veiled wrote:Hello everyone. :)

I started using this site back in TBC when I discovered how awesome shadow form was (and I just couldn't wait to level up for it, either). This site has helped so many of us over the years and I owe everything that I've become to the amazing creator and people who have kept it alive for so long. Though many of these people have moved on and will never see this message, I still thank you. Shadowpriest.com was the foundation of the shadow priest community; I will never forget this amazing place.

Unfortunately, the site went into the hands of a non-priest/non-player and has been littered with invasive ads, had no real updates since the purchase, and has had a revolving door of moderators. Today, I bought ShadowPriest.com; I truly wish that I'd had the money to buy it two years ago. Things would have been different. I would have done everything in my power to make sure this site thrived. I would've thrown my hard earned money into the community if that's what it took to keep it alive.

I couldn't do any of that here, but I did do it in another place. HowToPriest.com was created on February 6th, 2011 and we already have half of the traffic that Shadowpriest.com had in it's prime. I hope that this site can live on through HowToPriest.com. The site doesn't make the community, the community makes the site.. and I can honestly say that we have a brilliant, talented, and hilarious community at HowToPriest.com.

I can promise you that H2P won't be sold to the highest bidder. I won't litter it top to bottom in ads. I will do everything in my power, even if it means spending my own money, to keep H2P alive, thriving, and happy for as long as I possibly can. I want to personally invite you all to join the fantastic community that we have there.

With Mists of Pandaria approaching quickly, I would like to include some awesome links. Take a gander at these threads and if you feel that they are useful, well-written, or even interesting feel free to come on over and hang out with us. Make an account, pull up a chair, and enjoy the discussion.

========================================
Patch (8/28/12):
[shadow] 5.0 Quick Gear Guide -- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1600
--------------------------------------------------------
Mists of Pandaria:
Holy Guide -- viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1613
Disc Guide -- Coming soon (by Sept 8th).
Shadow Guide -- Coming soon (Aug 29th).
Beginner Priest Guide (MoP Edition) -- Coming soon.
[shadow] MoP Hit Cap FAQ -- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1711
[healing] MoP 5-Man Healing Cheat Sheet -- viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1598
[shadow] Pre-raiding Best-in-Slot list -- viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1692
[shadow] Raiding Best-in-Slot list -- viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1616
Best Professions by PP -- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1625
Basic Simcraft Guide -- Coming soon.
UI & Add-ons:
Healing Add-on Guide -- viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1715
Shadow Add-on Guide -- viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1705
========================================

The last day the site will be available is August 31st, 2012. After that, the "Shadowpriest.com" domain will be set to forward to HowToPriest.com -- I will be on the other side, helping to build a stronger priest community and I look forward to seeing you there.

Thank you all.
-Veiled
admin@howtopriest.com
I'm marrying my Sailor on 12/22/14! :')
Wedding Site: http://www.weddingwire.com/hargitt <3

-For Romaxton <3-
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Re: H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

Postby Rubine » 28 Aug 2012, 00:17

Hooray!

I had a feeling that you were trying to do this. :)
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 00:22

Rubine wrote:Hooray!

I had a feeling that you were trying to do this. :)

You are too clever :)

-For Romaxton <3-
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Bazian » 28 Aug 2012, 00:31

awesome
<Imminent> - Area 52 - resident priest
Bazian

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 01:28

After sending a mass e-mail notifying users of this post, I got quite a few replies from people. Here are some excerpts from some of those emails I've received in the last 2 hours. I am sure I will wake up to more but these were very touching.

Although I quit wow a few years back now, I learned almost everything I knew about playing my class from shadowpriest.com, and would just like to offer my thanks for continuing such a brilliant community. It's re-assuring to see people like you determined to fight for what was such a powerful tool for thousands of people.

Wow, this e-mail litterally made me cry, well almost, I kinda got tears in my eyes. I haven't been playing wow for real since the raggy patch in Cataclysm, and this e-mail made me think back of all the good times I've had playing wow. Back in WotLK I was an avid user of the site shadowpriest.com, and I learned so much from the site about playing my priest in there.

So I've been considering starting playing wow again and this email put the nail in it. As soon as I fix my computer I'm going to start again.

it's been a long time indeed since ShadowPriest had it's days of glory. I am glad that all the good people will go over H2P and I wish you guys a great time in the future!

I actually played World of Warcraft as a Balance Druid, but always visited/lurked ShadowPriest forums to help my wife, which had a Shadow Priest of her own, to ease her life and help her progress through her first raids.

I believe that the effort you are putting into this community is something honorable and I hope the community will one day recognize your hard work and somehow reward you.

You are a great person, just by your words and how you express yourself I can feel it, and I hope you encounter success in any endeavours you wish to partake.

I just wanted to thank you for creating this new resource from the
ground up. I have to admit that I found H2P organically after SP.com's
community died, but I haven't registered yet. That will be remedied
soon. Never let it be said that your success was "redirected" from
shadowpriest.com, you have helped build a great resource before these
events.

AWESOME, thank you for doing this. i now will start playing wow again

Thanks for letting us know. If I come back for MoP at least I'll know where to go. I wouldn't have been even half the shadowpriest I was if not for this website.

Thanks for the email :) I think its pretty tremendous that you started
this site in the first place and now have renergised it with a further
site! You leverage your passion to thousands of others for very
little.  You're a champion hon, thank you for all your hard work I
hope that great mirror that are your followers let you know how much
your work is valued.  Good karma to you :) and keep it up :)

-For Romaxton <3-
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Marathal » 28 Aug 2012, 02:16

Glad to here you were able to get the site. Took a fast look. You were busy last night.

:)

I didn't get the email though. :(

Feels strange being out of a job. But I know its for the best. It's a shame. If it had been purchased by a company like Brightpath that at least had an active player running it it could have been so much more. Well we are in good hands here. Hope to see this site continue to grow and prosper.
Last edited by Marathal on 28 Aug 2012, 05:38, edited 2 times in total.
Marathal

Postby Healyg » 28 Aug 2012, 03:37

Awesome stuff man :)
Stush
<Suit Up> US 11th 25man
Alliance Frostmourne US
http://www.suguild.com/
Healyg

Postby Martouff » 28 Aug 2012, 04:50

I was in the middle of replying as well, but wasn't sure if you'd see it. I just created this account here after getting your email. I've come to this site for my info, as of late, but have always hoped shadowpriest.com would go back to the way it used to be. It's good to know this is where everyone from there has moved, and good to know that shadowpriest.com will actually be taken care of. It's where I first learned how to actually play my Priest, and to see it turn into a barely updated site full of annoying ads really bothered me.

I'm excited to hit MoP with H2P, and I'm sure I'll eventually become an active poster here.

Thanks again for the informative email. It was a great way to start my day :-)
Martouff

Postby jmsxl » 28 Aug 2012, 05:04

Thanks for the smile you gave me from reading my morning mail. During the TBC and wotlk days shadowpriest.com was considered being a second home to our awesome shadowpriest squad. The community helped us to be better players, a lot of good memories come up thinking back of those times.

Looking forward, I hope we can have this again during the mop days ahead of us.

Godspeed YOU Veiled, and thanks again!
jmsxl

Postby iero » 28 Aug 2012, 05:19

Awesome news, I'm sure this site will thrive even more now and i hope it continues to grow and mature and provide a good solid community that it has done so far!
iero

Return to News & Announcements