< /br>< /br>< /br>

H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

Re: H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

Postby Amaconda » 28 Aug 2012, 09:00

I hope it will be my new home. My fellow shadow priests @shadowpriest.com were very patient with me. I hope the same will be the case here.
I have sent you a few bucks, just as a gesture and a way of showing my appreciation.
Good luck to us all and thank you for doing it for us.
Amaconda

Postby Tainted » 28 Aug 2012, 09:23

I myself got the email today about you purchasing ShadowPriest.com and come right here to make an account.

Hoping to get more great advice. :D
Tainted

Postby Kyrielle » 28 Aug 2012, 09:29

I was so happy when I checked my email today and saw you had bought it. :) I used ShadowPriest a lot in Wrath when my priest was my main, but ended up retiring it for a resto druid. Now? Now, I think I'm gonna be experiencing MoP through a clothie. I miss melting faces. :)
Kyrielle -- Frostmane
Kyrielle

Postby Magzi » 28 Aug 2012, 09:54

What can I add except - Thanks for doing this.
I've had a SP for 7 years now and was rather disappointed to find my fountain of knowledge site "Shadowpriest.com" was fading.
I didn't know about this site until you sent the letter.
Now, after letting my SP rest for a few months I am full of enthusiasm for the next stage...on my Shadowpriest :D

Long may you continue.

/Magzí
Magzi

Postby Nixx » 28 Aug 2012, 10:36

I'm glad that this is a thing.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Postby brammer » 28 Aug 2012, 11:14

Just want to say a big thankyou.
brammer

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 11:18

Thank you for some of the sweet things you guys have said. I woke up to a boatload of emails in my inbox and I wish I could reply to them all. Some of them made me teary eyed with stories about how they discovered shadowpriest.com and what the site meant to them.

The creator of the site even responded to my post:
nikitabanana wrote:As the founder of shadowpriest.com (long time ago back during Naxx in vanilla!), I'm saddened that it got overrun with ads/junk after (2nd?) the sale of it ;(. Although I moved on to primarily a Holy Paladin (which I am now!), I have 4 priests across the world :P. The people I initially sold to were players in a better position to run it longterm - or so I thought. Regardless, such is life.

Sad day, good luck with the new site. I hope it can provide resources to the entire priest community.

My advice to Veiled - don't ever sell your site. Don't try to monetize it. Ask for donations instead and just keep it running. Until I sold it (I had promises of how it'd be run), there were never ads. Never monetization goals. Not worth it as I learned :).

<snip>
On a positive note - shadowpriest.com was one of the main vehicles for pushing Blizzard to legitimize shadow priests in raiding. When it was started, we had only a few people posting like me, Beckon, Kalianah, etc! It moved grew quickly and the interest in melting faces became huge and Blizzard made it into a viable class in response.

Even after it's gone - remember that the site made an impact in WoW and its evolution. Not many theorycrafting sites can say they had a hand in shaping the game. Everyone who was ever involved in shadowpriest.com did. That's a big deal.

I couldn't agree more.
derevka wrote:I agree with Veiled.

Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby kaydi » 28 Aug 2012, 11:35

i appreciate all of the hard work that you (and other smart people) put into this! keep up the good work!
kaydi

Postby nikitabanana » 28 Aug 2012, 11:49

I even registered on your site since it includes Holy Priests - which is one of my alts these days :P. Looks good.
nikitabanana

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 12:01

nikitabanana wrote:I even registered on your site since it includes Holy Priests - which is one of my alts these days :P. Looks good.

<3 Welcome.
derevka wrote:I agree with Veiled.

Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Return to News & Announcements