Aleysia wrote:Hmm... wouldn't you still get a 3rd 3-orb MB if you don't /cancelaura? I might be totally mistaken, but I thought the cooldown starts after the spell finishes casting, so having an instant cast MB would effectively shorten the duration between MBs slightly.
This is true.A Little Analysis
Given most people are running haste in the 2589-3000 level currently, the cast time is 1.1538s->1.1242s. In the example below I will use 2589 or 30% haste (after buff).
- Code: Select all
0.0000s 1 GCD used casting SF (SF attacks 3 orbs proc)
1.1538s 1 GCD used casting MB (MB hits normal, SF melee twice, one orb wasted)
2.3077s 4 GCDs used casting MSx4 (MB CD starts at 2.3077s, all orbs used)
6.9231s MS CD is at (1.8848s): you can fit 1xMS and idle 0.731s or 2 tick MF
8.8076s 1 GCD used casting instant MB (CD starts at 8.8076)
9.9614s 3 GCD used casting MSx3
13.4228s 1xMS and wait or 2 ticks of MF
15.0000s SF ends
15.3076s Instant MB after CD finishes (3 orbs should be on this.
I can see this as good but you have enlightened me to something else. 3 MB crits, with 3 orbs, easy one button macroable.
OH NOES!! MATH
- Code: Select all
MS(if you want +90% crit on first MB rather than +60% else skip)
*** 0.8s remain of SF, this can account for real-time delay or if 3 orbs proc you can MS or save it for the next MB***
SF Ends with DAA ending shortly after
You could of course use 2 ticks MF instead of the 4th MS but let's mathcrafted it out. The advantage of stacking evangelism during SF:
- On average, one MS is almost 200% the damage as two ticks of MF.
- This gap gets bigger as your gear goes up as MS scales better than MF.
- Given MB is on CD after this rotation you must MF anyways
- The opportunity cost of 5xMF ticks before casting SWP VT DP is the ticks of dots that would occur if you didn't have to get the evangelism buff.
- SWP is applied first so only the difference of 5xEva vs 0eva (10% of a tick).
- VT Ticks 1.6x and DP ticks 1.85x during your ramp up (there is some approximation here).
- 10% of a SWP tick, 1.6x VT ticks, and 1.85x DP ticks is about 25k damage
- Advantage of 2xMS vs 4xMFtick is about 40k
Considering the easiness
of using only two spells during SF, and the fact that 4xMF only gives you 4 stacks of evangelism, it definitely suggest using just MS. But it doesn't make too much difference, the money makers are getting the orbs on every Mind cast, and especially the crit Mind Blasts.How many times does Shadow Fiend Attack?
Furthermore, I have dummy tested Shadow Fiend. It hits 11 times every single time on the dummy. Meaning a perfect rotation could take 11, 3 orb casts. The above rotation takes advantage of 10, with a possible 11th if your latency is very low. 3 Mind Blasts are crits and with 3 orbs (one is +60% if you chose to only MS twice before rotation), you could be unlucky and time it wrong but you will only lose one orb proc on average, hopefully it's not a MB.Could we haste Shadow Fiend's melee?
I also tested Heroism with a friend and dummy. Everytime I heroismed with SF where the SF was out for 0.5s or less the SF attacked a total of 13 times. If I messed it up it would be 12 attacks. SF really seems to attack 1.5 seconds without Heroism, and heroism hastes by 30%. I'm unsure if the shadowfiend benefits from any other buffs such as Enhancement Shaman's Windfury Totem. But with Heroism, and MS/MB spam I use every orb. However, if the SF does not get heroism it is a DPS LOSS
, because you are casting MS/MB faster but the orbs are limited at 11. Therefore as Kilee suggest it's best to do normal rotation during Heroism
.Some numbers for people to put things in perspective (estimations from sim), at about 385ilevel:
- Mind Blast crits for over 100k damage with 3 orbs
- Mind Spike hits for over 35k damage, more with orbs less without, and crits for 80k average
- Mind Flay hits for just under 10k per tick, crits for 20k.
- Vampiric Touch ticks for avg 10k crit 20k
- Devouring Plague ticks for avg 5k crit 10k
- Shadow Word: Pain ticks for avg 5.7k crit 12k