HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Mana

by Drye » 30 Mar 2012, 16:22

IT'S SO BAD XD. stats are deff going to change a lot. I think they might actually reverse and be something like crit>mastery>haste.
Hit me up on twitter @DryeH2P
Drye

by Kaesebrezen » 30 Mar 2012, 16:45

I'm still going for bugged baseline mana regen and bugged spirit regen.

The healing specs only gain 0,5 MP5 per point of spirit (while the tooltip says 1)
The baseline regen is 1.25% mana per 5 second (while the only blue post on manareg from 1 month ago puts baseline regen at 1% mana per second, and which was still true last beta build)

And for stats i'd say we'll end up with mastery > haste > crit.
Kaesebrezen

by Drye » 30 Mar 2012, 17:11

I doubt that, going to need sf up every time it's possible. it's just going to end up is the frequency of hits or the amount of crits going to win.
Hit me up on twitter @DryeH2P
Drye

by Veiled » 30 Mar 2012, 21:57

@Kaesebrezen: What's your name on beta and what server are you on??
derevka wrote:I agree with Veiled.

Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

by Kaesebrezen » 31 Mar 2012, 01:27

Veiled wrote:@Kaesebrezen: What's your name on beta and what server are you on??
I'm on Mekkatorque, my current Betapriest is called Chaneira
Kaesebrezen

by Veiled » 31 Mar 2012, 02:18

Kaesebrezen wrote:
Veiled wrote:@Kaesebrezen: What's your name on beta and what server are you on??
I'm on Mekkatorque, my current Betapriest is called Chaneira

eww EU, nvm!
derevka wrote:I agree with Veiled.

Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

by Blackmorgrim » 31 Mar 2012, 10:34

Looking at the Jade Spirit Enchant... I'm curious about how that will effect shadow. Will we gain mana regen from that? How about hit? (Would have some serious implications on the value of hit, especially if you become good at sustaining dps while your mana under 25%)

I suspect something about that enchant will change due to that, or perhaps something about our mechanics will change.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

by pimia » 01 Apr 2012, 01:54

I am leaning toward the 'mana regen bugged/not fully implemented-refined'. I have leveled 3 times now in 3 specs trying some stuff out as I go and it's rough but not unfixable. Also, remember when we all got to 85 for the first time with our fresh priests and how horrific mana was then? lol I still cringe. I know mana is normalized but the principle is there; it will fix itself eventually either thru stat changes or the less drastic just normal blizz changes. :)

Feedback/Suggesting:

They really just need to make a glyph out of Masochism- straight up talent into glyph or implement it with another ability...

Since they killed mind flay glyph (no reason to ever have it refresh swp etc) make mind flay give us a % mana back. Gives more weight to mind flay. Its buffed dmg, reset on fiend, and mana return.

OR

Just give us mana back if we swd before any mob is above 20% (or not with the proc). Same trend we're used to now. SWD once in awhile for mana etc..

Anyways the beta is early and Im very excited for everything so far :) I'm new to the site so hey /wave.
pimia

by Twintop » 01 Apr 2012, 07:14

I just did a fairly detailed analysis of the mana situation and why we stay OOM once we go OOM over in my blog. Basically it comes down to either mana being too slow to regen, or, spells costing too much. Plain and simple this is something that Blizzard has to fix, otherwise it will render Shadow as an infeasible raiding spec.
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

by Karnor » 01 Apr 2012, 10:35

I wouldn't worry too much about mana at this stage of the beta. Dps casters are balanced around not running out of mana mid fight - if this wasn't the case then Blizzard would never be able to balance casters and melee dps.

So I'm sure we will get some additional mana regen mechanics as the beta progresses
Karnor

Next

Return to MoP Beta Archive