< /br>< /br>< /br>

Twist of Fate come 5.4

Twist of Fate come 5.4

Postby Steehl » 05 Jul 2013, 21:37

With Twist of Fate's proc threshold being raised to 35%, I've started thinking about how much more often we'll be able to proc it.

I feel the "and healing" portion of ToF is often overlooked by shadow priests. Now true, most raids it's rather rare to get a heal off on another player below 20% as a shadow priest because it doesn't happen all too often. Players dropping to 35% is quite a bit more common of an occurrence, and I forsee this talent seeing a lot higher uptime in general just off of healing.

With two of our three 90 talents healing while they do damage, they'll have a chance to proc ToF via healing without even interrupting our DPS rotation. Divine Star's short CD would allow us even more opportunities to get ToF up. Looking at a few of the Siege of Orgrimmar bosses, I see really good potential on ToF uptime with good DS management solely from a heal-proc perspective. That's not even considering the already apparent higher uptime from the damage aspect.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I really forsee ToF becoming mandatory once again, even on single target fights.
Steehl
Donor

Re: Twist of Fate come 5.4

Postby Blackmorgrim » 05 Jul 2013, 22:21

Considering the nature of the legendary cloak, I'm thinking ToF is definitely going to come on the radar. Honestly, I'd think blizzard did their job right if:

1) You like DI, therefore your BiS is 4pc tier

2) Not a fan of the procs but love the 35% execute range (+bonus procs from trash/healing raiders)... and therefore you go 2pc Tier/2pc TF offset.

EI both are equally good... and its up to you to choose what gearset/talents you want to go for.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Drodin » 06 Jul 2013, 06:03

I use ToF on some trash mobs, boss fights like Horridon and Tortos with adds. Even if they are buffing it, I can't imagine changing when I use it. I have never spec'd it healing.
Drodin

Postby Urmac » 08 Jul 2013, 15:37

Blackmorgrim wrote:1) You like DI, therefore your BiS is 4pc tier

2) Not a fan of the procs but love the 35% execute range (+bonus procs from trash/healing raiders)... and therefore you go 2pc Tier/2pc TF offset.

Why would you not want the 4pc for using ToF post-buff? It only makes that 4pc worth even more. I understand that DI is stronger than ToF with that 4pc, but I don't think 12ilvls of stats (unless both pieces are poorly itemized) would make up for that 4pc.
Urmac

Postby Blackmorgrim » 09 Jul 2013, 08:22

Because with ToF, remember you're only getting a benefit from that buff about every 24 secs. So, because of the scaling on thunderforged pieces and with upgrades... I could see the stat jump being enough to overtake it.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Return to Theorycraft