< /br>< /br>< /br>

Reforging for Lei Shen FDCL/DI Talents only

PvE discussion for raiding & dungeon tactics, tips, and gear.

Reforging for Lei Shen FDCL/DI Talents only

Postby Urmac » 19 Jul 2013, 17:28

So according to Simcraft results that I was using for high movement & single target, there is a very small discrepancy between stacking mastery and stacking haste. This is also using UVLS and LMG.

Result 1: FDCL/DI - Haste Breakpoint of 14873 then all mastery = 169000 DPS.
Result 2: FDCL/DI - All Haste = 168632 DPS.

Does this sound right? Would mastery stacking win out with the factor of the occasional diffusion/bouncing add?

Please help.
Urmac

Re: Reforging for Lei Shen FDCL/DI Talents only

Postby Hygeia » 19 Jul 2013, 19:18

It sounds reasonable but take the following into account:

- It's not a single target fight past phase 1 (ball lightning)
- Your numbers below are only a 300 dps increase
- Mind Sear doesn't gain ticks with haste, only a faster channel I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I doubt it would be worth it. You're talking about a 300 dps increase from those sims, which is wholly insignificant this late in the tier. A single valor upgraded item, or getting a normal --> heroic item upgrade from your clear up to him will provide more dps than completely changing your gearing and reforging. Don't forget that 300 dps is in a vacuum. I don't think reforging the ~2k extra haste to ~2k extra mastery is going to significantly change the number of mastery procs you get when Mind Searing ball lightning so really it's not worth it imo.

I'm working on it as well and I am seeing similar numbers in phase 1 but it's entirely proc dependent and just RNG. I can get anywhere from 160 ~ 220k dps in phase 1, and then if we have clean transitions and we start setting up ball lightning and do the phase properly, I jump to 190 ~ 220k. I haven't seen a clean p3 transition yet so I don't know how long it will last or what it will look like in p3 but from what I've looked at it's really not that far off from other priests (streams, videos, wol).

Lei-Shen (this late in the tier) is entirely an execution fight, not a damage check. Is there a reason you're looking to min/max this hard? I would stress execution (your own or your raids) over something like this. This might have been relevant for world first but definitely not anymore.
Hygeia

Postby Urmac » 20 Jul 2013, 06:45

Thanks for responding:

1. We are no longer clearing the whole instance, only extending the lockout until it dies, so that is why I am looking to find the most ideal set-up for Lei Shen only.

2. Our group seems to be having issues with making a "dps check" for P2 where we are trying to get into transition phase before the second ball lightning happens on the 3rd platform, if I am not mistaken.

3. Due to our group already having heavy AOE composition, I have been told to only Halo and focus on single target damage on Lei Shen, meaning I am not using mind sear at all.

4. We have also not got to a clean P3 either, but from what we practiced, it is a ton of movement like P1.

5. Basically because Shadow is so weak in single target and heavy movement, my guild is trying to get me to do as much boss dps as I can squeeze out, which is why I am looking to do so. I was mainly looking for a resident theorycrafter to lend some insight as to which reforge might be stronger than the other specifically for high boss damage on Lei Shen.
Urmac

Postby Hygeia » 20 Jul 2013, 08:30

If you're told to focus lei Shen instead of aoeing then maybe insanity is a better option? It requires a bit more of a skill cap in p3 to properly know when to plant and mfi and you have to delay it a lot but mfi vs fdcl is like 160 vs 190-200 single target in p1 for me so p2 should be relatively similar.

I'm not your raid leader but were usually really good aoe on balls behind keg smashing monk tanks and locks. Our feral usually beats me on our good attempts, too. Maybe ask if you can aoe instead of another person and put them on the boss instead? Like Mage or hunter or your worst geared / played lock.

Not trying to say anything proposed is wrong but tldr is I don't think 300 dps is worth min maxing for when there's better options available. Mfi if they really want to stick you on boss but I think it's better to convince them you aren't the best single target option, especially because it makes our p3 dps rotation harder.
Hygeia

Postby Helycon » 20 Jul 2013, 09:50

FDCL shines in P3, not before. This is where you'll be moving constantly and generally can't plant for 8 seconds.
I've tried it a couple of times getting TO P3, and found my DPS a lot lower very consistently. Try and PLAN your MF:I's as best you can: Holding on to it while moving for a Thundertruck and casting it just before you get back into position, so you can MF:I the moment the GCD is done. It doesn't matter if you MB at the end or in the middle in that regard, you need to break the channel at some point, as long as MB is on CD. If you get another DI proc, then you SHOULD cast DP first and MB directly after to avoid getting wasted procs/ Movement with BnS is quick anyway. Same applies to P2 movement: PLAN your DP usage. That way you can ensure maximum uptime on MF:I and I promise you you'll get ahead if you're doing purely single target.
Helycon

Return to Raids & Dungeons