< /br>< /br>< /br>

Spriest CM Scholo talents and tips

Spriest CM Scholo talents and tips

Postby Semi » 22 Mar 2014, 21:44

So a group of friends and I are trying for darkmaster, and I am trying to figure out what talents would be best for scholo in particular.

I feel like power infusion would work very well here since the instance when pulled properly is like a giant boss fight. Other than that, I was running insanity for single target burst and halo since I don't think there will be an issue with pulling extra adds anywhere.

What do you guys typically run talent wise for shadow in CMs?
Semi

Re: Spriest CM Scholo talents and tips

Postby Shardstorm » 23 Mar 2014, 04:13

Semi wrote:What do you guys typically run talent wise for shadow in CMs?

Disc. I've done CM's both ways, it makes so much more sense as Disc.

If I had to though, Scholo I'd do as ToF, SW:I and Halo, and I'd look to try and chain adds into boss fights for places to proc ToF and hit SW:D for orbs, plus higher vengeance on the tank. Honestly, CM times are really just about tank DPS via vengeance whoring. I've held realm best times on my server on a bunch of the dungeons, but that's nothing overly special on Terenas, so someone might have better advice.
Shardstorm

Postby vampz » 23 Mar 2014, 17:06

Shardstorm wrote:
Semi wrote:What do you guys typically run talent wise for shadow in CMs?

Disc. I've done CM's both ways, it makes so much more sense as Disc.

If I had to though, Scholo I'd do as ToF, SW:I and Halo, and I'd look to try and chain adds into boss fights for places to proc ToF and hit SW:D for orbs, plus higher vengeance on the tank. Honestly, CM times are really just about tank DPS via vengeance whoring. I've held realm best times on my server on a bunch of the dungeons, but that's nothing overly special on Terenas, so someone might have better advice.

I did mine in tier 14 as shadow with zero problems.
Didn't have MF:I back then - but yeah take MF:I, halo, tof/DI for lust pulls (gates of setting sun 1st boss, etc.)
Vampz | Impetus, US-Korgath. Recruiting expcetional players | Vampz's random videos
"Up shit's creek without a paddle in a plastic rowboat."
vampz
Donor

Postby Shardstorm » 23 Mar 2014, 17:15

vampz wrote:I did mine in tier 14 as shadow with zero problems.
Didn't have MF:I back then - but yeah take MF:I, halo, tof/DI for lust pulls (gates of setting sun 1st boss, etc.)

As did I. And I smashed those times when I went back as disc with the same players, but better classes/comp.
Shardstorm

Postby Semi » 23 Mar 2014, 20:08

Ended up getting 12:04 in scholo as shadow, ele, destro, disc, blood for realm best. This was with the destro missing the entire last boss too. With 2 changes and a full 5 the whole dungeon we would likely push that time to 9:30. Shadow is good solely for single target burst I find. I was able to hit 240k burst dps on the first boss with sustained 100k single target only over the course of the short boss figbts. With an ele and destro next to me there is little need to sustained aoe. Shadow can burst aoe with a well placed halo though.

I ended up using power infusion, insanity, and halo. For scholo in particular, the huge number of boss fights and need for pointed burst at times made power infusion very good. Seeing as the first boss is literally the first mob I hit, power infusion off the top of the instance with 3 orbs helped us put in some insane work in to get the boss down crazy fast. For scholo in particular, ToF seemed severely lackluster. The first boss has it useless, second slightly useful, third useless, fourth only slightly useful, last slightly useful.
Last edited by Semi on 24 Mar 2014, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Semi

Postby Semi » 23 Mar 2014, 22:59

So what do you guys think about hitting the 10,124 haste break point over the 8k one? I am able to hit it very easily.
Semi

Postby Anshlun » 21 Apr 2014, 12:03

10:56 time, Blood Hpally FrostMage Destro and Shadow, time was scored on 5.3, before SoO gears, at the time, top 10 US time
On Scholo, there is no cookie cutter talents, you are better off changing them from boss to boss.

Pre-pot at the start of the instance. For the first boss, start with FDCL+ToF+DS, since usually you pull all the Warders (I think that's the name) to the boss, leaving 4 adds to multidot during the fight. Just drop the FDCL procs on the boss.

After the first boss change FDCL to SWI. For the trash between 1st and 2nd boss, you will only Mind Sear and DS, while keeping dots up on the Warden.

Second boss should be pulled as the adds are about to die, to get benefits from ToF. You also should be able to pot during this boss.

The trash before Rattlegore keep the same talents, since it is just full AoE. Don't forget to help the healer out with Mass Dispell for the debuffs.

Before Rattlegore change ToF to DI and DS to Halo, to maximize single target on the boss. You also should be able to pre-pot and repot for Rattlegore. Don't use any other potions after Rattlegore before pre-potting for Lillian.

After Rattlegore, change before to ToF and DS, since you will just AoE all the trash. Keep in mind for that part that you might need to use a Life Grip so the tank won't die to the massive damage. (Talk that with the tank prior to it)

After the trash dies, swap ASAP from ToF to PI and DS to Halo. You can Pre-pot for this boss. If you fail, however, your pot will not reset it's CD before you need to have your invisible pot up, so be aware of that. In order to be able to get the burst on Lillian, be sure to have the group positioned in the corned of the room, so she has to travel the most until reaches the middle of the room AND you will be in the perfect spot to Halo. Stock up 3 orbs for when she reaches 50%, then pop PI, recast VT and SWP, Halo and DP, from there just burst her.

Depending on your strat for last boss, the talents will change. If you're killing the adds instead of letting them explode, ToF is a picker there, otherwise, keep DI and SWI for it. Also, if you're killing the adds pick DS, but, if you're letting them explode, the L90 tier is useless for this fight.

Good luck with your CM run!
Anshlun
Donor

Return to Shadow Archive